Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Trying to get pregnant after fallopian tube removal

Trying to get pregnant after fallopian tube removal

Patient: Hi i am worry about if i can get pregnant, i have make a operation and doctor remove a follopian tube it was damage, they tell me i have to wait 6 month and keep trying get pregnant if nothing happend the doctor will transfer me to a spesialist ,,,i dont know what i can do please if you can tell me thanks

Doctor: Usually if only one side of fallopian tube is removed, pregnancy is still possible because the other tube is still paten t to carry the egg to the uterus. On the other hand, if a pregnancy does occur following 6 months, other options of pregnancy would include IVF after a complete evaluation has been made.