Trying to get pregnant again and When to Attend for Initial Bloodwork

Patient : Hi, I miscarried at the end of the first trimester in October 2009 ( it was my first pregnancy, I’m 28 years old). I was told to wait three menstrual cycles till we try to get pregnant again. The time has passed and my husband thinks I should get my blood tested before we try again, to make sure I’m not deficient in any important vitamins and minerals. I take folic acid, omega 3 and prenatal vitamins once a day. On top of that I take vitamin B12 shot once a month. Do you think I need to get my blood tested before we try to conceive? Or is it OK to do so once I know I'm pregnant? Thank you.
Doctor :   I realize that you are worried about your next pregnancy because of your previous miscarriage. Let me reassure you that having a miscarriage in the first pregnancy is not an uncommon event. I totally agree with your Prenatal care, it is very important to prepare for the pregnancy. Taking Vitamins/Minerals especially containing Folate and Iron might be enough and are good for the baby’s development, sometimes recommended to be taken even up to 3 months before pregnancy. I don’t think is urgent for you to take a Blood test , but it won’t hurt you to see in general how is your health and would also serve as a baseline to compare  within your pregnancy state.