Trying to see if I am able to have kids.

Patient

Q: When I was younger I went to the Hospital for a Flu like symptom in my left testicule. I just wanted to know will that harm me from having children?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We are not certain as to what type of infection you had when you where a child. Orchitis is inflammation of one or both of the testicles and depending on the severity can result in scar tissue which can affect fertility. The best way to determine whether you have decreased fertility, you need to be examined by your doctor and have a sperm analysis conducted. Usually fertility is not affected if only one of the testicles have been damaged.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com