TSA scanner radiation concern

Patient : I am about to travel to the United States in the next few weeks and I am not wanting to go now because I am very concerned about those scanners they use in the airport that can cause cancer. Is it true that im being exposed to lots of radiation with the scanners that the TSA uses in the States?
Doctor :   The short answer is that the radiation risk is almost so minimal to the member of the general flying public as you are n ot going through that often. Now on the other hand if you are a frequent flyer or someone that works in the airline industry and are subject to this everyday, their could be some adverse health effects. It will be interesting to see what actions the government takes over the next few weeks on this subject.