Tubes Tied Can I get pregnant??

Patient : Hello I got my tubes tied in 2007 and have had regular period since then. Never late always on time until now I am almost 2 weeks late. Could I be pregnant? or get pregnant at all
Symptoms:  Major mood swings, late period, back pain
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. As you have had your tubal ligation done for both tubes which is a form of permanent s terilization, it is not possible for the tubes to auto canalize. Hence pregnancy not possible. However, the delay in menses could possibly be due to stress-induced hormonal imbalances which can delay the periods. It is suggested that you should get an ultrasound pelvis done to check for endometrial thickness, which if found to be more than 10mm, then you can opt for progesterone withdrawal with progestins to resume your menses. I hope I have addressed your concerns. Wishing you good health, Regards