Tubes were cut and want another baby what next?

Patient : I had my tubes cut 6 years ago, and i recently remarried and now want to have another baby. What are my opitions?
Doctor :   There are two options which are available to you. Firstly, a procedure called Tubal Ligation Reverseal could be attempte d. In this procedure, a surgeon with specifc expertise in this type of surgery, reconnects the two portions of the fallopian tubes. After the recovery period you may then try to become pregnant. The success rate for this procedure varies but some researches report pregnancy rates as high as 80%. The second option is In-vitro fertilization and embryo transplant. This method involves harvesting eggs from your women and impregnating them with your husbands sperm. The embryos are then re-introduced into your uterus and the pregnancy is allowed to progress as normal. To get more information, speak to a fertility speacialist about both procedures so you can better make a n informed decision.

Related Q&A

Q: In February I had a hysteroscopy on day 14 of my cycle where the gynaecologist discovered a large polyp hanging from ...

Q: My wife and I are both 44 years old. We previously did not want to have babies. However we are now thinking to have b...

Q: Is 300 total testosterone normal for a 30 year old male?

Q: As long as when I produce semen when I masturbate that means I can have kids. Correct?

Q: Would like to get a professional's advice on my blood work results. I'm mainly looking to find out if anything on her...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon