Tubes were cut and want another baby what next?

Patient

Q: I had my tubes cut 6 years ago, and i recently remarried and now want to have another baby. What are my opitions?

Doctor

A:   There are two options which are available to you. Firstly, a procedure called Tubal Ligation Reverseal could be attempted. In this procedure, a surgeon with specifc expertise in this type of surgery, reconnects the two portions of the fallopian tubes. After the recovery period you may then try to become pregnant. The success rate for this procedure varies but some researches report pregnancy rates as high as 80%.
The second option is In-vitro fertilization and embryo transplant. This method involves harvesting eggs from your women and impregnating them with your husbands sperm. The embryos are then re-introduced into your uterus and the pregnancy is allowed to progress as normal.
To get more information, speak to a fertility speacialist about both procedures so you can better make a n informed decision.