Tumeric: uses

Patient : What are the benefits if any of taking tumeric in supplement form?
Doctor :   The turmeric or “Curcuma longa” is a herb of the ginger family, native of tropical southeast Asia. It is used as ingredi redient of many Indian, thay and malay dishes, in the form of root powder. In Ayurvedic medicine is used as antiseptic for cuts and burns and also as antibacterial, anti inflammatory and in digestive problems.  Some research is currently being done to determine possible beneficial effects in Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, arthritis.