Twenty Four year old male with ED and soft erections.

Q: I am a 24 year old male, and for the past few years I have noticed and inadequate(soft) erection that vanishes as quickly as it arrives without constant stimulation. I have been unable to have sex as a result of this problem. I have also noticed that morning erections are very soft and not at all like they were 4 years ago. I don't have very good insurance, and would like to know what this issue might be stemming from. Thank you so much.

A:   The reason for erectile dysfunction seems to be psychological. You need to avoid stress, smoking (if that's the case), alcohol etc. You need to have confidence and trust in your relationship, and enjoy sex rather than stressing out thinking about outcomes. Meditation therapy, yoga, aerobic exercises, along with a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle may be beneficial to reduce your stress. You may consult a psychotherapist for help and reduction of stress.