Twenty three yr old female with osteopenia and other problems

Q: I am 23 years old. I have already had an appendectomy, a torn ligament repair on my right wrist, and gallbladder disease and gallbladder removal. I also just found out I have osteopenia in both forearms with a bmd of like negative 1.7. I have what looks like a buffalo hump on my neck but it is not fatty tissue, my neck bone curves that way naturally. Iam also having back pain. I am a healthy weight, 137 pounds at five foot six. I don't drink or smoke, but I didn't eat healthy at all as a child. My doc referred me to an endocrinologist today, but I will have to wait weeks to get in for an appointment. Why would someone so young already have so many health problems? I am a nursing student, and I try to take good care of myself. I especially don't understand the bony prominence on my neck. If it was caused by the osteopenia, you would think I would have a low calcium level, but I don't. If it was caused by something like cushing's, you'd think it'd be a fatty prominence and not a bony one. I'm worried. I also have joint pain lately and lower back pain. I've had xrays of the lumbar and thoracic spine that came back normal. Any ideas what could be going on? All my labs looked normal at my last dr.'s appointment. normal hba1c, normal blood count, normal calcium and potassium...this just doesn't make sense.