Twins are monochorinic diamniotic

Patient

Q: My wife is 29 years old and pregnant (3 months) for the first time and had problem with Arthritis for last 2 years. We stay in London and she went for the first scan yesterday and below is the report :

Anteverted uterus. An single intrauterine gestation sac containing 2 fetuses was present. Both fetal heartbeats present. 2amniotic sacs visualised, but no lamda sign, therefore twins are monochorinic diamniotic. Both ovaries visualised, a corpus luteum was seen on the left ovary. No adenexal masses and no free fluid in the POD.

Doctors said this is a rare and bit of risky. Can anyone explain me what does it mean and why it is risky please?

Doctor