Twitching in Arm after hitting lower back.

Patient

Q: I recently have been trying to learn front flips on my snowboard. I have hit my back several times. Which is now very painful. Yeah, yeah, I know. It gets better with heat wraps. But the one that throws me for a loop is that my left bicep is twitching rapidly every day. If I flex it, it stops twitching.

The other night, I also had a heat pack on my back and it seemed as if my arm had swelled up in the middle of the night. I shifted and it seemed to go down, relatively quickly. I was tired when this happened, so I don't know to what extend anything was.

Anyways, here's the basic facts I remember them collecting when I was in the military written the way they might write it:

24 yo white male. No dip, smoke, drugs, or alcohol. SM reports sharp left hip and back pain after hitting it while doing front flips on his snowboard. SM also reports rapid twitching in left upper arm when relaxed. Twitching is rapid, multiple times per second. SM reports that flexing temporarily stops twitching. 5 seconds. Issue has been ongoing for 1 week. Last Friday.

Doctor