Two months ago while playing there was a slight jerk

Patient

Q: Two months ago while playing there was a slight jerk at my knee. It did not pain much but started swelling. 3-4 swelling was there. I went for physiotherapy and the swelling went away. The pain reduced. Now after 2months the pain has increased and a knocking voice has started coming.
I showed to a joint specialist doctor, he suggested MRI. The report says lateral meniscus tear. The doctor has prescribed medicines for a month and if the pain does not go or lessen a surgery is required. Can lateral meniscus cure itself wait for a month or should I immediately go for a surgery?

Two months ago while playin...-1
Doctor