Two packets of pills backtoback but ending second pack early

Patient

Q: Hello! A few days ago I dropped my birth control pill on the floor and couldn’t find it - in order to not miss a pill I took a pill from the end of the pack.

I should normally have my last pill on the sunday (then re start it the following monday after my break) and I like knowing when my period is going to come.

I have decided to take two pill packets back to back, but in order for my break to land how I like it I am not going to finish the second pill pack.

Basically I am going to take two weeks of the second pill packet, have my break and then start a brand new packet. This will leave me with six spare pills to use ‘as emergency pills’ in the future.

Please clarify that I am okay to do this!

To sum up: is it okay to take two packets of pills back to back but end the second pack early? I will have taken a total of 35 pills.

Doctor