Two UTI's within a Month

Patient

Q: A little over two weeks ago i had a uti and now i have another. It started 4 days ago. We are going on a trip and i want to know if i can wait till we get back before going to the doc. I dont want it to turn into a kidney infection, but i dont know how long that takes.

Doctor

A:   I agree with you that UTI’s might advance and could reach your kidneys if not treated soon. I would suggest you to consult your physician for a urine dipstick to confirm the presence of bacteria in your urine.
Another course of antibiotics might be needed, possibly a stronger one. I would also suggest you to drink more fluids to help you get rid of all the bacteria with the urine, comply with your antibiotics even if you start feeling better after just a couple of days you must finish the whole treatment, wipe from front to back. I wish you a prompt recovery.