Two weeks ago my knee popped out. Should I go to the doctor?

Patient

Q: Hello. About two weeks ago my knee popped out of place when i was getting on the couch and i have had problems with it ever since then. It hurts when i move it sometimes and I get a random sharp pain shooting through it most of the day. I have been getting muscle spasms in it too. My hip on that side of my body is hurting as well as my foot. I have a picture of it compared to the other one. The knee that is causing me trouble is the one on the left side of the picture. I need to know if I should go to the doctor about this before paying the $40 and nothing be wrong with it.

Symptoms:  Sharp pains, muscle spasms
Two weeks ago my knee poppe...-1
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having meniscus injury as you heard a pop. It is confirmed by MRI of the knee joint. Second and more likely possibility is you may be having vitamin deficiency especially vitamin D deficiency. So you should get your vitamin D and if found low you can take supplements of vitamin D3. Multivitamins, calcium and trace elements supplements will be of use. However, it will be better to consult the Doctor.,
Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care