Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic?

Patient

Q: I am a 55 year old woman with diabetes, but my doctors are never specific about the type I have...I was gestational with all 3 pregnancies, but the last pregnancy, my doctor put me on insulin after delivery the insulin was discontinued and my sugar levels returned to normal. At the age of 36 I was diagnosed with diabetes. Was prescribed insulin, pills, diet and exercise...although I was obese and my levels were out of control....so with a lot of diet and exercise, my sugars were in control and the pills were stopped (glucophage) they really upset my stomach....anyway, I'm 55 years old and still not sure of the type of diabetes I have....I am on a healthy diet, I excercise (walking mainly) and my insulin intake is 30 units of mixtard 30 in the a.m. and 20 units at night (dinner) and after lunch I take 1 800 mg of glucophage. (doctor said I have to be patient the stomach thing will go away once my system gets use to it....but still not getting a straight answer on which type...oh and btw I live in Egypt... thank you in advance for your help.....

Symptoms:  Experiencing high sugar levels in the am anywhere from 153 - 190
Doctor