Ulcer?

Patient: Its been 3 weeks that im having pain above my tummy. Whenever im hungry i feel like vomiting as well as when iam full. I feel bloated. It hurts specially during early mornings. Please help me.

Symptoms: Vomiting, dizziness

Doctor: Your symptoms fit into a general term “dypepsia”.The causes could be multiple but, the important ones are1. Gastroesophageal reflux- Reflux of the stomachs acid and digestive juices into the food pipie2. Gastric Ulcer3. Drugs4. Functional dyspepsia5. Cancer of the stomachAt your age, I would consider, functional dyspepsia and gastroesophageal reflux as the primary possibilities.I would suggest you to go with the treatment under the care of a physician as the protocols for such symptoms are clearly laid out. You will need a short course of PPI’s(which inhibit the acid secretion in the stomach).If you do not respond, you will have to undergo UGI endoscopy (a small tube with a video camera attached will be passed through the mouth into the stomach for observation) andwill need therapy based on the findings.Happy consulting.