Ultasound from 12/4/14 at 11 weeks 4 days

Patient

Q: I am currently 11 weeks 6 days pregnant. I went in for ultrasound on 12/4/14 after I got home I was looking at the pictures and it looks as though there are 2 babies. Specifically another face to the left and a limb that looks clearly like an arm. The tech focused on the baby to the right nestled. Is it possible for baby's image to reflect in ultrasound and look like there are 2 when only 1? The tech did not make any mention of another baby.

Symptoms:  None
Ultasound from 12/4/14 at 1...-1 Ultasound from 12/4/14 at 1...-2 Ultasound from 12/4/14 at 1...-3
Doctor

Thanks for asking askthedoctor.com

The image shows a single pregnancy only. The two globular regions you notice are the head and the abdomen where as one lower limb is seen extending from the abdomen and one upper limb from the same fetus is also visible. So its not twins but a singleton pregnancy and the growth looks appropriate for the period of gestation.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you health,
regards