Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ultrasound around 8 weeks and my baby was there and had a heartbeat at 136 bpm

Ultrasound around 8 weeks and my baby was there and had a heartbeat at 136 bpm

Patient: I’m 11 weeks 5 days . I’m really worried something is wrong since I’d miscarried before. I have had some cramping. But I had a ultrasound around 8 weeks and my baby was there and had a heartbeat at 136 bpm . Like is that normal , or am I Jus over doin it ?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.When the ultrasound scans shows normal fetal development there should be no reason to worry. However the heart beat is little show it should be around 140-170, but if it was of concern the doctor would have definitely called for a follow-up scan after another 7 days. You don’t have to worry just because last time you had a miscarriage. Be cool, think positive, if your anxiety levels are reduced it will help your pregnancy.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.