Ultrasound Comparison

Q: Hi, I have PCOS and was hoping to get some clarification on an ultrasound I recently had. In February 2013, when I was diagnosed, my uterus measured 7.0 x 2.9 x 3.6. I had a 3.8mm endometrium. My right ovary was 4.4 x 2.4 x 3.9, volume = 21.78 ml and left was 4.8 x 2.4 x 4.6,volume = 27.82ml . I had "numerous small subcentimeter follicles in both ovaries predominantly along the periphery of the ovaries." A few days ago (January 2015) I had another ultrasound in which my dimensions were as follows: Uterus: 7.03 x 3.19 x 3.75, endometrium: 4.5 mm. Rt Ovary size - 3.77 x 2.85 x 3.58, rt ovary volume 20.14 ml, left ovary size - 4.03 x 2.84 x 2.81, volume - 18.84ml.

I was at the upper limits of size and above limits in volume in 2013. My gut says that a decrease in the size and volume of my ovaries should be a good thing, meaning I may have ovulated in the last 2 years. Am I way off base? Is this just my ovaries shutting down? Unfortunately I have "thin PCOS" so Metformin was unsuccessful. I have been seeing a doctor who has helped get my Hashimoto's under control and I am hoping this is a good sign. Feel free to be harsh - I've heard it all. Thank you in advance!

Symptoms:  Amenorrhea, acne, rt abdominal pain