Ultrasound shows endometrium measures 7.5mm

Patient: My ultrasound shows endometrium measures 7.5mm and also B/L ovaries show discrete follicles with no e/o adnexal mass seen and no fluid in cul- de- sacc

Doctor: Thank you for your query.The day when this ultrasound scan was done could be important to comment further. If the mens trual cycle day is around day 11 to 13 of the menstrual cycle when this scan was done then the parameters are apt. It is also advisable to get the hormonal analysis for follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone done on day 3 of the menstrual cycle which can shed more light on the ovarian reserve. If the endometrial lining is thin (should ~ be between 0.8-1.2 on days 13 to day 17 of the menstrual cycle) medication can be given to improve the thickness as well as the blood supply.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.