Unable to fully empty bladder

Q: I have recently been to see my local GP about being unable to empty my bladder the first time when I go to the toilet. This has been happening for several months now. I have no pain, it's just becoming quite a nuisance as when I go to the toilet I have to wait a while longer so I can fully empty my bladder by urinating a second time, and often a third time before I go to bed. My GP tested my urine (for what she didn't say but it was just a simple dip test on the day) and also did an Internal exam and said she couldn't feel anything out of the ordinary. She said to keep doing the double emptying so as not to get a UTI and said it may just go away on its own as bladders can be funny things.
So basically, I just wanted to get another opinion. Is it possible that my bladder is just playing up and there is nothing really wrong, or could there be something there that my GP might have missed?
Many thanks
(I'm an otherwise healthy 27 year old female on no medication).