Unable to maintain erection, Help

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unable to maintain erection, Help

Patient: Dear Doctor, I am a 23 year old male who is having problems maintaining an erection during sex. I have no problems when it is oral sex but can not keep one during intercourse. I am a smoker and do drink occasionally. What can I do to help this problem

Doctor: You need to avoid smoking and alcohol to help with this problem. Having a healthy diet and lifestyle would increase your confidence and improve your performance. Meditation, yoga or any kind of daily workouts may also help.

Was this answer helpful?

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment