Unable to Sneeze even if I want to do it

Q: I need help, I'm unable to sneeze , usually I sneeze regularly now I feel the sensation and desire to do it but something happens that doesn't allow met o complete it, and it is very frustrating and have a bad sensation in the body for not letting all this going out. what is happening? is there something I can do to provoke the sneeze? thank you for your help and have a good day.

Symptoms:  Unable to sneeze.

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

Sneezing is a protective reflex of the body. More important is why you are getting the sneezing sensation. The most common cause being Allergic Rhinitis or Sinusitis or Obstructive nasal passage.

Get an X-ray Paranasal sinuses to rule out Sinusitis. Ask your family members if you snore in the night. In case you do this indicates you have obstructive nasal passage and an ENT consultation would be required.

Now as far as your query is concerned, the way to get sneeze is to irritate your nasal passages with a clean ear bud. This would cause foreign body sensation in the nose and make you sneeze possibly.

You may also use Nasal Saline drops to make your nasal passages clean and reduce the sensation of sneezing.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.