Unable to take tampon out - should I see a doctor?

Patient : I'm unsure what to do, my tampon has gone to far inside me for me to retrieve it. I was very drunk and had sex, i'm pretty sure i didn't take it out before hand (I know, it was extremely silly) Should i see a doctor or is there anyway i can get it back out?
Doctor :   You will need to see a doctor or a gynecologist as soon as possible to remove the tampon. If a tampon is retained for to o long, it may lead to a serious infection known as Staphylococcal toxic shock syndrome.

Related Q&A

Q: I have been diagnosed with adonecarcinoma around the celiac arteries. This cancer usually comes from the pancreas, bu...

Q: I have a grade 1 meniscus tear. I had a MRI to confirm this. I've been resting it for a wk with ice/ compression/ ela...

Q: Last couple days my urine smells of ammonia and struggle sometimes to wee I am a male 61 years old do manual work con...

Q: I threw up 4 days ago vety violently at one point andsince thent I had chest pain and a bit of rib pain but that has ...

Q: My left side arms have been hurting for a while now. Usually it would come and go for a few days. It feels more like ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon