Unable to tell if I have allergies or something else

Patient : Hello, I can't figure out what I have despite researching and visiting my local doctor. I've been sick for two weeks now. It started off with significant drainage which lead to a sore throat and bad cough. My fatigue has significantly taken a hit. Some days I can barely get up off the couch, including today. My symptoms now are still similar. The cough has gotten much worse especially at night. I cough consistently throughout the day, coughing up mucus, but at night it's rapid and difficult to sleep. The cough sounds deeper then normal but I think it's just the mucus making it sound as such. I've never had a runny or stuffy nose, itchy or watery eyes, etc. (One week ago) My doctor checked my throat, glands, ears, breathing, and said nothing look bad. He assumed it's allergies. I've never really had allergies before and after reading about allergies my condition seems much more severe. The cough is too intense and my fatigue varies but is very prevalent. If you have any idea what I should do or what you think it might be, that'd be amazing! Just any help I can get would be great. Thanks, - Alex
Symptoms:  Semi-Deep Coughing, Drainage, Fatigued, Sore Throat (Mornings)
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor. You seem to be suffering Allergic cough or Acute Bronchitis. I would advise in suc h scenario to get investigated as it has been since long. You would require to get Hemogram with ESR, ECG, Chest Xray. If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough. Initially you would be treated with a combination of Levocetrizine and Montelukast. But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm. In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol. You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budenoside. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy