Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unanswered abnormal blood work

Unanswered abnormal blood work

Patient: Is there any reason that my lymphocyte, hematocrit, basophils, monocytes and neutrophil have been high on my last several test?

Symptoms: Fatigue, Stomach pain, insomnia, extremely sore body

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask the Doctor” for posting your query.There are many causes for raised levels of lymphoc ytes, hematocrit, basophils, monocytes and neutrophils such as acute and chronic infections (like TB, syphilis or viral infections), inflammatory reactions or myeloproliferative disorders. As these have persisted for long, it would be wise to get a bone marrow biopsy done. You should see a physician opinion and get yourself properly evaluated and discuss the option of getting a bone marrow biopsy done. Also, there are various serum immunological tests to rule out the above mentioned chronic infections. Treatment plan can follow once the exact diagnosis is known.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future.Wish you good health!