Unbalanced weight loss

Q: Hi

I an a 68 year old man. Over the last six months I have lost 45 Lbs which I am very pleased about, I have about another 20 to go to reach the normal weight for my height. My problem is, my legs were like little tree trunks when I started, now my right leg seem to have lost a lot of weight and is looking close to normal but the left leg is still big with about an extra 11/2" circumference around the calf, also, the left leg has a few bulging varicose veins.
My question is, is this normal and will the other leg catch up? Is this anything to do with the veins? What else could be causing this?
Other than this I am in good health, running for six miles per day and I am not taking any medications.
Thanks, Len