Unbearable itching of the hands and feet.

Patient

Q: I have extremely itchy hands and feet that keep me up at night. The issue occurs only at night, and there is no rash present other than a redness and swelling that occurs from my scratching. It doesn't happen every night, and I don't itch anywhere else on my body. I work late so a lot of the time the itch is starting an hour and a half to 2 hours after I eat food. I was wondering if it could be a food allergy but there is no wheezing or hives and the itch is only in these specific areas. It's not scabies either, I've had that before when I was a kid and this is only on my hands and feet, specifically the palms, fingers, soles of my feet, and the arches, sometimes my toes. I recently discovered a slight gluten sensitivity and have cut all gluten from my diet. Been gluten free for a few months now. I do not drink coffee, and recently I have discovered that certain teas give me metabolic distress as well as causes sluggishness, dizziness, and causes me to feel like I might vomit for hours after drinking the tea. So now I don't drink tea. But if I have an energy drink, I feel fine. It seems I either have some sort of allergy that I haven't been able to pin down, or there is something else going on. Any idea what is causing this? It's unbearable.

Symptoms:  Itching on hands and feet at night, dizziness, sluggishness, feeling nauseous, diarrhea sometimes, stomach aches and cramps after consuming certain unknown foods. The itching occurs even if I haven't eaten anything, always at night.
Doctor