Unconsciousness - is it related to migraine?

Patient

Q: Hi, My wife goes unconcious last night with stiff body, after almost 35-45 minutes she becomes concious, she has diagnosed with migraine few months back and on mdeicine since than, she also has vitamin D deficiency, what can be the cause of this unconciousness?

Doctor

A:   The loss of consciousness may be related to her migraine. There are several forms of migraine and this may be a rare migraine variant, that leads to unconciousness and paralysis, numbness, weakness or stiffness of the body muscles, lasting from a few minutes to several minutes and usually complete recovery occurs following the full gain of consciousness. She may want to inform her doctor about this episode of migraine attack, for her doctor to be able to provide accurate treatment based on her symptoms and type of migraine.