Under my foot by the base of my second toe

Patient : Under my foot by the base of my second toe is so sore. I am a dancer and I can't go up on my toes because it hurts so much. There is no swelling or lump. What couls this be?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your problem of pain at the base of the 2nd toe, that you are a dance r and that there is no swelling, no lump. The commonest cause of such a problem is fascitis or tenosynovitis. I would advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon: The reason being you are a dancer and you need the correct diagnosis and treatment. - He shall give you an anti-inflammatory medicines and supportive splints if need be. - Another option is intra-lesional steroid. -Third option is to do hot fomentation in a warm concentrated saline (common salt) solution. This will cure your problem and you will be ready for the next performance.