Underneath skin painless bump on right temple


Q: I have a bump on my right temple that is hard. It is not visible above the skin, and is painless. I have poked it with pins and fluid originally came out, but no longer. The bump is still there. People have asked me if it's a tumor, and frankly, I don't know the answer to that. I sure hope it's not. Help?

Symptoms:  None

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, the most likely possibility for your lump is Sebaceous Hyperplasia.
It is an enlargement of normal glandular structures present in our skin.
It is asymptomatic and has only cosmetic concern.
You may get it removed by electrocautery or Radio frequency.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope this helps.
Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: I have a zit like feature on the side of my penis, I squeezed it an white stuff came out an blood but didn't hurt, sh...

Q: I Got A lot Of Red Bumps And Like One Popped And Now It's Like A Dent And A lot Of Red Spots On My Chest.

Q: Hello, I am having issues with my lymph nodes. Two specifically have been enlarged for a month- the first one on the ...

Q: I have a eczema on my hands that recently appeared and used to itch me but the doctor gave me a cream for it. Now rec...

Q: I applied elocom cream to my irritated spots on my face, and now i've seen that it has bleached/lightened the areas i...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon