Understanding MRI results

Patient : I'm trying to understand the relsults of my MRI for my shoulder more. My dr said there is mild fraying of the posterior labrum and infraspinatus tendinosis. It fraying the same as a tare?
Symptoms:  Pain in shoulder
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Fraying is similar to a tear if not the same. Fraying may indicate a mild degree meaning that not as many of the fibers are torn as in a complete tear or a severe tear. You can usually treat this with: Rest to the area Icing for 15 mins every hour Compression of the shoulder with a Crepe bandage Elevate the shoulder while sleeping to reduce swelling Use Paracetamol/Ibuprofen Massage and stretching If the pain does not reduce after 3 days, please see a Doctor.