Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Undiagnosed back pain

Undiagnosed back pain

Patient: For the past couple of months I’ve been having a pain in my lower left back in the hip region, occasionally the pain gets really bad and stretches round to my pelvic region about where my ovaries are. I’ve also been feeling generally unwell, exhausted. have started urinating alot and been having pain in my abdomen during sex. I’ve tested for pregnancy, been tested for STI’s, it’s not in the right place for a kidney infection and I’ve been to see a chiropractor which didn’t help. I’m not sure if it’s something I should be worried about and if I should go see my doctor.

Symptoms: Symptoms: pain in the lower back, pain during sex, frequent urination, fatigue

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.You might be suffering from PID. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection o f the reproductive organs in women. The pelvis is located in the lower abdomen and includes the fallopian tubes, the ovaries, the cervix, and the uterus. Here are a few symptoms:-pain in the lower abdomen (the most common symptom)-pain in the upper abdomen-fever-painful sex-painful urination-irregular bleeding-lower back pain-vaginal discharge-tiredness.Your Doctor may be able to detect PID after hearing your symptoms. But in most cases, your Doctor will run tests to confirm the diagnosis. If the symptoms develop please seek immediate medical care. I hope this will help you. Take care.