Undiagnosed back pain

Patient : I have a consistent, ongoing pain in the soft tissue surrounding my lower back/spine. It sweels and gets lumpy inside. It is not relieved by anything at all. Sometimes it's throbbing. I have had MRI's and seen multiple dr's and done PT. It won't go away. It is deep in the tissue and radiating sometimes effecting my sciatic nerve. What could this be and what specialist would you recommend seeing? Previously the doc's thought I had an infection in this area. I did 3 months of Bactrin treatment which did help a lot only it returned a few months later and is now as bad as it was before the Bactrin.
Symptoms:  Pain, swelling, throbbing, incapacitated sometimes, knots surrounding my spine into my pelvis.