Undiagnosed back pain


Q: I have a consistent, ongoing pain in the soft tissue surrounding my lower back/spine. It sweels and gets lumpy inside. It is not relieved by anything at all. Sometimes it's throbbing. I have had MRI's and seen multiple dr's and done PT. It won't go away. It is deep in the tissue and radiating sometimes effecting my sciatic nerve. What could this be and what specialist would you recommend seeing?
Previously the doc's thought I had an infection in this area. I did 3 months of Bactrin treatment which did help a lot only it returned a few months later and is now as bad as it was before the Bactrin.

Symptoms:  Pain, swelling, throbbing, incapacitated sometimes, knots surrounding my spine into my pelvis.

A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: 23 y.o. female had lower right back pain for about 1 year following a burning pain from bending over (I thought it wa...

Q: Hello, I'm Adriana, I just received MRI results of my brain, I'm 40 yrs old, suffer from migraines, tension headaches...

Q: Hello I got liked in the chest 4days ago ( accident ) in the middle of the chest next to my left breast actually Righ...

Q: Hello, I had thoracic back pain (dully/achey) on my right side. This past Feb that lasted through May along with som...

Q: It began about three months ago. I would have lower back pain for a day and it would go away. Then it would happen a...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon