Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Undiluted dettol on penis.

Undiluted dettol on penis.

Patient: Hey doctor. I would appreciate your opinion – this is urgent to me. Hours ago I made the stupid mistake of placing some undiluted dettol from underneath my scrotum to under my penis. When I read the label, I immediately got in the shower for 30mins. My underpenis and scrotum are red, bit it’s not the pain I’m worried about.Since this in incident I’ve had no regular control of my penis. I can’t lightly lift it at the tip, it feels numb but when I touch everything I can feel it. My balls are hurting inside the sac, and I have no libido. Will this come back? Imseriously worried. I have all feeling in my penis, and I can urinate – it is just flacid and unresponsiv. Thanks

Doctor: Thank you for your question. You have applied a very strong antiseptic agent on your genital region which can cause irri tation to the sensitive tissue. Since you have thoroughly washed the area, it would have removed most of the antiseptic. However, the inflammation caused by this substance could possible by causing your symptoms. It would be wise to have a doctor examine your penis and scrotum to see if you have sustained any severe chemical irritation/burn from the use of this antiseptic. Once examined, you may need to avoid sexual contact for some time while the affected areas heal, along with daily washing to assist in the healing process and prevent infection. After the damaged tissue heals, your symptoms should resolve. Please see your doctor.We hope this advice will helped you.