Undisplaced Posterior Malleolar Fracture

Patient : I am suffering from an undisplaced fracture involving the posterior malleolus of tibia due to a recent accident. I am an army officer and I am looking for a speedy recovery.
Doctor :   The treatment for a fracture of the posterior malleolus depends on several factors, namely, any other associated fractur es, amount of displacement and amount of joint involvement. Isolated fractures with minimal displacement and less than 25% joint involvement can be successfully treated with a short term cast followed by physical therapy. All other fractures will require surgical repair. Your description suggest that you are a candidate for conservative treatment, meaning just a cast and physical therapy. Your recovery time may be anywhere from 6 weeks to 12 weeks.