Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unexplained foot bruising (no related trauma)

Unexplained foot bruising (no related trauma)

Patient: Hi! I’ve been having an odd issue with my foot. I’ll start to feel a bump (like a pebble) inside my foot between my third and fourth toe (more toward the top of my foot than the sole). A few hours later I’ll have a large bruise on top of my foot and extending down my fourth toe. I am a runner, but the first few times this happened it was first thing in the morning after getting our of bed. The last few times it’s happened mid-day. It’s happened maybe 8-10 times in the past 3 months. Any ideas? (And thank you!)

Symptoms: Brusing on top of foot/fourth toe after feeling a lump inside my foot. The lump feeling is usually accompanied by a slight numbness/cold sensation in my third and fourth toe

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It may be soft tissue swelling such as hemangioma. You can get MRI of your foot to further diagnose it. You should also get your bleeding time and clotting time to rule out bleeding disorders but as it occurs at the same place so it less likely to be bleeding disorders. It seems to be a local issue such as soft tissue tumour such as hemangioma. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.