Unexplained infertility

Patient

Q: Hey Doctor, I am suffering from unexplained infertility from 3.5 yrs. I had my HSG done. The test came out ok. Had my blood test done only thing elevated is my prolactin level. Then after almost 2 years of all this, I conceived on my own but that ended in chemical pregnancy. What should I do now.. I always have few days of premenstural spotting before my periods arrive. Is this a concern. pls advise

Symptoms:  Unexplained infertility
Doctor

A:   Prolactin is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in our body. It inhibits two hormones necessary for ovulation: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). When you have high levels of prolactin in your blood (a condition called hyperprolactinemia), ovulation is affected and this may result in infertility or irregular menstrual cycles.
The cause of your infertility is most likely hyperprolactinemia or elevated prolactin levels.
Elevated prolactin levels not only affect your ovulation but also affects the quality of the eggs released.The relation between elevated prolactin levels and miscarriages is controversial. A few studies have found elevated prolactin levels in women with recurrent miscarriages. Hence, some people feel that elevated prolactin may cause miscarriages, while others feel that it is too early to say so definitively.
In either case, if you are trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to consult a reproductive endocrinologist and get your hormonal levels corrected before you try to conceive again