Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unexplanned spotting

Unexplanned spotting

Patient: I had an ablation done in November 2013 and haven’t had my period since than. Today I went to the bathroom and I am spotting. I had my fish levels checked in November of 2014 and they were 44.4 so i thought I was done with my period.

Symptoms: Cramping and spotting

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you have undergone endometrial ablation and as your FSH lev els are high, it may be considered that you have attained menopause.The possible causes of your bleeding are atrophied endometrium leading to exposure of underlying blood vessels which can increase their fragility leading to bleeding, local causes like cervical erosion, polyp etc.Any type of postmenopausal bleeding should be evaluated carefully.So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for an ultrasound.By this, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.Take care.