Unhealing knee injury: What should I do?

Q: I am a 21 year old female and about 3-4 years ago I injured my knee just horsing around with friends.I went to the hospital where i was told after an x-ray that i snapped all the tendons in my right knee and dislocated it.The doctor that saw me relocated it for me and told me not to wear flip flops.I then collapsed during a day at work and found out that it wasn't properly looked at the first time around.I was given medication and physical therapy but that really didn't seem to work even after i did what i was told to do.I Still feel harsh pains in my knee and it causes me to be couch bound for a day or so.So my question is What can i do to help in the healing of my knee so i can go back to doin normal things or is surgury an option i should look into?

A:   It seems that you may be having a chronic problem with your knee joint. You could try more physiotherapy along with muscle strengthening exercises. If that doesnt help however the only option that you may have left is surgery. I would advice you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for a more indepth analysis and work up of your knee and symptoms.All the best.