Unknown middle back pain

Patient: I have a sharp mid back pain that is almost constant but gets worse when I bend over, walk up or down steps, lift anything, turn or twist my body, sqwat, and cough. I went to the dr. and they gave me muscle relaxers but they are not working been on them for a week please help me.

Symptoms: Back pain

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.It is important that we determine what is causing your back pain.For this, please see your doctor to have your back examined.Doctor may suggest MRI of the spine to rule out prolapse intervertebral disc or the development of arthritis.you are recommended to take bed rest for a week on a firm and straight floor.Hot fomentation helps in relieving pain.In a person of your age, muscle spasm is very common and it could be the reason you are experiencing pain. For this your doctor may advise you to take oral analgesic medication such as Advil, naproxen etc along with muscle relaxants .doctor may advise local painkiller gels.