Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Unknown pregnancy without much symptoms

Unknown pregnancy without much symptoms

Patient: Sir me and my gf both are 20. we had unprotected sex on 8 october without penetration and ejaculation. but she got her periods 10 days late but her second periods were on time. Three months are gone after sex but she has no symptoms of pregnancy till now. she just had metallic taste in mouth 2 times only(nothing else). if she is pregnant? i m really worried.

Symptoms: Late period, metallic taste in mouth

Doctor: Having a period regularly and yet being pregnant is really very unlikely. Moreover if your GF is not even having pregnan cy symptoms, there is no reason for you to worry.Having said that, its a good thumb rule to follow, that whenever in doubt one must take a home pregnancy test. Rather than taking stress about the possibility of a pregnancy, it will answer all your queries in one go.Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in your urine. One should wait at least one day after ones missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, however in your case now since its been 3 months, its okay to take a test anytime.Most home urine tests are similar in principle however there are certain differences in how you must do the test such as the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you’re pregnant or not. It is important to follow manufacturers’ instructions as specifics may vary for each pregnancy test kit.For the future, remember to use a contraceptive method, stay protected and stay stress free.

View all posts