Unknown vaginal protrusions


Q: There are two protrusions in my vagina that are about two inches in, on the top sides, perfectly symmetrical. They recede when not stimulated and become rigid when aroused. They are shaped like two points curving toward each other and feel almost like cartilage when rigid. No pap exam has ever resulted in a dr. mentioning them to me. But my husband mentioned them recently and we have no idea what they are called. I have no STDs or other suspect illnesses. What are those things?

Symptoms:  No symptoms.

A:   Hello,
An erectile cartliganeous tissue and two in number inside the vagina is not an anatomically sound structure which we are dealing here. The only erectile tissue is the clitoris but way above vagina. You may mention your concern with your examining physician so that he may have a directed look over the local area and would be able to ascertain a diagnosis. I hope i have answered your query,

Related Q&A

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...

Q: I have had clear discharge from my penis for about two months it started 3 days after i had oral/anal sex. Since 3 we...

Q: Any chance of getting a std from a handjob from a massage place? I got one 2 weeks ago, and for some time I feel a li...

Q: Tarted a new pill pack on October 4th (I think I started a few hours late, but less than 24 hours). Had sex on 9th ni...

Q: My husband and I havent had sex in the past 8 months. I'm 30 years old and my husband is 30 as well. Everytime we try...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon