Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unknown vaginal protrusions

Unknown vaginal protrusions

Patient: There are two protrusions in my vagina that are about two inches in, on the top sides, perfectly symmetrical. They recede when not stimulated and become rigid when aroused. They are shaped like two points curving toward each other and feel almost like cartilage when rigid. No pap exam has ever resulted in a dr. mentioning them to me. But my husband mentioned them recently and we have no idea what they are called. I have no STDs or other suspect illnesses. What are those things?

Symptoms: No symptoms.

Doctor: Hello,An erectile cartliganeous tissue and two in number inside the vagina is not an anatomically sound structure whi ch we are dealing here. The only erectile tissue is the clitoris but way above vagina. You may mention your concern with your examining physician so that he may have a directed look over the local area and would be able to ascertain a diagnosis. I hope i have answered your query,regards