Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Unopen ulcerated area under penis glans for 5 years never going away

Unopen ulcerated area under penis glans for 5 years never going away

Patient: Im 22 male, circumcised, have had 3 partners I’ve had unprotected sex with in the question is for the past 5 years I’ve had this raw section directly under the left side of my glans on the shaft. its like raw red skin sectioned into a horizontal line, almost ulcerated looking. its not raised. its never bled, pussed, or ever been open or scabbed, its just a section of raw skin. as of the past year or 2 the skin around it has become slightly red. it seem like it could be cause from friction but I’m not the past 5 years of having this, i don’t believe I’ve gone more then a few days with out masturbation, or intercouse.I’m extremely worried about this, it has definitely affected my mental health with depression and anxiety.where my shaft connect to the bottom rim of my glans, there seems to be lines in my skin connect from shaft to glans, all the way around the glans/shaft.the red irritated spot I’m talking about is layed horizontal over one of the vertical skin lines, almost as if my skin is to tonight when experiencing erections ect.. and possibly the cause to the red unopen ulcerated area?




Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you could have a condition known as balanitis. Balanitis is an infectio n of the glans penis surrounding tissue. This can be caused by a bacterial infection which causes the skin to become inflamed, red and painful. Since you have had this recurring for 5 years, it is possible that you would benefit from a topical medication to treat the affected area. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to examine this lesion, and start a course of medication as soon as possible. We recommend that you refrain from sexual activity so as to not aggravate the area as it heals.Thank you for consulting with your medical question.


Ask The Doctor
Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

Dr. Suneel Sharman completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Toronto. He currently operates Infinity Health Centre, a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

View all posts