Unpleasant side effects to Depo injection

Patient: Well basically I am on the depo injection my first shot. I hadn’t had a period for 2 weeks before that and when i got the injection i wasnt on my period. I missed my period and have had dark brown discharge for 2 weeks and now i have light red blood coming out instead which is not heavy but not light. it really is getting me down now, what is it and why is it happening and when will it stop or what can i do to stop it?

Symptoms: Nothing

Doctor: Unscheduled vaginal bleeding is the most commonly reported side effect of Depo Progesterone injections and in most the m agnitude and frequency of the bleeds ease out with time, sometimes in months. Return to fertility may be delayed in some, which is an important concern. Please seek medical help if the side effects are bothersome, and after a thorough discussion, choose an alternative family planning method. There are so many options out there for you to choose from!