Unprotected sex

Q: Hi , im 18 , i had a unprotected sex july 7, now im scared im pregnant, i expect to have mens this july 15 , or july 25 because i have a irregulare mens. im scared im pregnant what should i do? i dont even know how to use pills and im scared to its side effect

Symptoms:  i dont have any symptoms yet cause our sex just happened last monday but sometime i have discharges like light brown sometimes white

A:   What has already been done cannot be undone. Your best bet at protection against unwanted pregnancy would have been to use an emergency contraceptive method. Most emergency pills or morning after pills act within 72 hours of the intercourse. You can prevent an unwanted pregnancy by getting an intrauterine device inserted within the first 5 days. Beyond this time frame, there are no medically proven methods at thwarting an unwanted pregnancy.
Because you have irregular periods, it is hard to predict when you could have ovulated. The best course of action for you is to now await your periods and to do a home pregnancy test if you miss your periods.
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in your urine. You should wait at least one day after your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, although waiting a week is considered best.
Most home urine tests are similar in principle however there are certain differences in how you must do the test such as the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not. It is important to follow manufacturers' instructions as specifics may vary for each pregnancy test kit.
If your tests are negative and you have not conceived this time, consider yourself fortunate but also make make sure you stay protected the next time. There are various contraceptive choices available to women today.Which method works best for you depends on a number of factors, including your age, whether you smoke, your medical and family history, and any medication you are taking.Visit a family planning clinic or a contraception counselor and discuss the benefits and risks of the available contraceptive method. The discussion will help you arrive at the best possible method for your needs.