Unprotected sex

Patient: I had unprotected sex but didn’t ejaculate in girl and gave her plan b she is late for her period from before we had sex can she be pregnant?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Plan B is about 95% effective if taken within 24 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse. W e are not sure when she took this emergency contraceptive medication, and the efficacy of it decreases it is taken beyond 24 hours of sexual intercourse. Even though you did not ejaculate, pre-ejaculatory fluid does contain sperm and the potential to cause pregnancy. Therefore, if your partner has missed her period, we recommend that she see her doctor to conduct a pregnancy test to be certain.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com