Unprotected sex 2 months ago, can I be pregnant even though I had my period?

Patient

Q: So I had unprotected sex in February and I got my period in February and March but not in April. Should I be worried?

Symptoms:  Just didn't get my period last month.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query
From the episode of your unprotected sexual intercourse in the month of February you cannot become pregnant in the month of April. What can happen is you got pregnant then & if your menstrual cycle was only spotting & not the regular flow in the month February & March. It is better to opt for a home pregnancy test to rule out a pregnancy. Apart from pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, stress, strain, anxiety, excessive weight gain or loss, over exercising, use of medication, lifestyle modifications etc can lead to delay in the periods.
Hope that answers your queries.
Have a good day.