Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Unprotected sex and forgot to take the pill:Am i pregnant?

Unprotected sex and forgot to take the pill:Am i pregnant?

Patient: I had sex for the first time last week and i have been quite frequently since then. i am on the pill but i forgot to take it one or two times but i took it as soon as i remembered, i think i took more of the pill than required this month because i was taking some out of one packet while i had miss placed the other. i came of the pill 2 days ago to have my period and i haven’t had my period yet, am i pregnant?

Doctor: While there is always a chance of pregnancy in case of unprotected sex, there could also be a chance that since you have nt beent taking the pills properly the cycle has got disrupted and thus you are not getting your period. However I would highly advice you to take a home pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy which is a hig possibility in your case. All the best